Friday 17 July 2015

Sewing Fifi!

 When my postie dropped these lovelies through my door this morning, I instantly knew what my evening was going to consist of!
TATB, Fifi, Bettine, sewing, pyjamas,

Yes it's the brand new patterns from Tilly and the Buttons - Fifi and Bettine! I bought them both as a bundle on offer at Tilly's online store, I usually only buy PDF patterns but I thought as it's my birthday next week a treat or two wouldn't go amiss ;)  I'm turning 30.....don't tell anyone!!
If you're after these patterns then be quick, Tilly is offering them as a bundle for £20, normal price £12.50 each! But BE QUICK - this offer is only on until Sunday 19th July!!
A quick trip to my reliable fabric man at the Market, and I fell for this wacky dolly mixture print... I love the fact I can sew my own Pyjamas and wear kitsch prints at home that I would never wear out in public. I turn enough heads with my tantruming two-year old as it is, I don't need any more attention!!
TATB, Fifi, sewing, pyjamas, sweets

I cut a size 4, I'm in between a 3 and a 4 going by the pattern sizing measurements but there's nothing worse than uncomfortable sleepwear, so I erred on the side of caution and went for the larger size for my first sew.
Tilly's instructions are so clear and easy to follow, having actual photos of each step is lovely rather than a drawn diagram that some instructions use.

The Fifi set took me about 3 hours from cutting to finishing up and I'm currently wearing my new jammies writing this post before I head off to bed! I could probably stand to go down a size as they are roomy but that's better than being too small. I will hold my final verdict until I've had a good nights sleep :) 


TATB, Fifi, Bettine, sewing, pyjamas,

TATB, Fifi, Bettine, sewing, pyjamas,

TATB, Fifi, Bettine, sewing, pyjamas,
 I've got some fab Hello Kitty fabric that I bought on my recent trip to the states which is now destined to become a pair of Fifi jammies!

For cooler nights this top would go perfectly with Tilly's Margot Pyjama bottoms from her book, it's great to have the option of both :)

 I can't wait to get started on the Bettine!!

Gem x

UPDATE: After a great night's sleep I am concluding that whilst these are comfortable being roomy, I will still size down to a 3 on the top for my next pair, as I'd like them to be slightly more fitted than this pair! The shorts will stay a size 4 as they are perfect as they are :)

4 comments:

  1. I love these, the fabric is fantastic. Well done. I'm off to google this pattern and add it to my never ending project list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun :) I do love them, so comfy to sleep in! x

      Delete
  2. Very sweet! What's the verdict on size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun :) I've updated the post with my verdict, but long story short I am going to size down the top next time! Thanks for your comment :) x

      Delete