Monday 27 July 2015

McCalls 6696 Shirtdress - My 30th Birthday dress :)

Feeling quite apprehensive about turning 30 this past week, I decided to go ahead and spoil myself with this gorgeous Liberty cotton fabric. I love the print, the colour, the feel of the fabric, it's just BEA-utiful!

I made a muslin a few months ago of the McCalls 6696 shirtdress bodice but was waiting for 'just' the right fabric to come along! I didn't care for the gathers in the back bodice when I made the muslin, it felt way too baggy and like there was so much excess fabric on me, and as I like my clothes quite fitted anyhow, I decided to omit the gathers for my main garment. 

I did this by comparing the distance between the small circles marked on the pattern of the bodice back, and made these the same as the distance between the small circles marked on the Yoke back, and the Waistband pieces. Are you with me? 
Liberty, McCalls 6696, Shirtdress, Pink, Gem's Hems
The only other alteration I made was to take 2.5 inches off the length, I dont care for dresses that hit me at the knee and find them totally unflattering at that lengh, so I tried it on and lopped the bottom off! Much better now :)

Liberty, McCalls 6696, Shirtdress, Pink, Gem's Hems

I am totally in love with this dress, the fit, the colour, the style.....I could go on forever! But I promise I wont ;)

Liberty, McCalls 6696, Shirtdress, Pink, Gem's Hems

Sorry for the moody face, I have no idea why I get in front of a camera and suddenly turn into the grumpiest person ever to have their photo taken! Will try to do better :)

Laters! Gem :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment